Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

November Rain

So it's been a long couple of weeks. I haven't posted about things going on because I wasn't ready to talk about them. I finally decided to suck it up, and do what I needed to do.

My grandma (dad's mom) was taken to the ER a couple of weeks ago because her leg was hurting. Well once she got in there and what not they had come to the conclusion that she had a stroke. This isn't the first time it's happened, but this had been the most serious. She's almost completely deaf (has been for as long as I can remember), but she does have hearing aid's, which help. And just within the last couple of years her sight has been going. So not only can she not hear us, but now she can't even see us.

She has been diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease (about a month or two ago) It wasn't really all that bad. They put her on medication and it seemed to be helping, but then once she had her stroke it just got about 100 times worse. She doesn't remember much of anything. She kind of remembers certain people, she'll repeat things that you say to her, she has had plenty of visitors and remembers them being there but doesn't remember who they were. I was scared to go see her. I thought to myself "I don't want to see my grandma like this." I hate knowing that she won't remember me being there, and she isn't going to remember who Mia is. I did go up and see her for the first time this last wednesday. She really didn't know who I was. It made me want to cry. She has this teddy bear that she holds on to all the time. It's kind of sad that she can't remember anything.

Ok, so this morning I'm running late (of course) and Josh is going to be meeting me at work to pick up Mia for the weekend. Well I get there, and Josh gets little Miss Mia ... and I get inside. My dad is on the phone with my Aunt Deb. She's at the hospital, had been since yesterday evening. She had a heart attack. The doctors went in this afternoon and checked her heart out and came to the conclusion that her heart wasn't too bad and that medicine would help as opposed to doing surgery. So of course now she has got to relax and chill out a bit. This just sucks. I think I am going to crawl in bed, listen to the rain hit the windows, watch a movie and probably fall asleep. 6:30 am comes early ..... work all day tomorrow, then more sleep

*update on car* she seems to be ok (this has been the highlight of my week) Took it back over to Shaheen, they did there diagnostic crap to it and came to the conclusion that the Service Engine Soon light was on because there was a wire that was knocked loose from the air pump from my accident (3 months ago) and that the brake light and ABS light was triggered by this. So my dad picks my car up and when he gets in it and starts it, the ABS and brake lights are still on. So we do our little diagnostic thing and something is up with the ABS module ... I'll worry about that later. I don't feel like dealing with it anymore .... grrrr

Latest Month

July 2008
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Lilia Ahner